Saturday, October 8, 2011

Niche Market: Humorous Aviation Art

Up until now I haven't been able to post my own artwork because my Trowbridge Chronicles blog was reserved for the work of my favorite shrew, Mrs. Violet Trowbridge.


Several years ago I took a brief foray into humorous aviation art with this piece. My foray was short-lived. I did about three humorous aviation paintings similar to this one, then decided that I didn't want to go that direction. I wasn't excited about the idea of peddling my art from flea markets to county fairs. Not my gig. But it was fun while it lasted.

I also tried "car"toon art, drawing caricatures of cars. I did one car show...not a single person stopped at my booth. So I bailed at noon...that was my first and last car show.

I painted this with real watercolor. The background was sprayed with a real Badger airbrush, not a Photoshop airbrush. It would be several years before I would discover the magic of Photoshop.

If you happen to be a humorous aviation art collector, contact me and I'll sell you a signed print of the above image, and you can look at my other two aviation paintings.

2 comments: