Monday, April 28, 2014

Creating a Paradise Travel Map - Part 3



This is the third in a series of posts describing my process in creating a Paradise Travel Map. I have now completed the ink line for the border, border art panels, title, and the island itself. I'm using Micron Pigma pens, size 1 for most of the lines, and a 005 for the tiny shading in the gulches leading from the volcanic peak to the sea. Next comes the informational text in a banner on the right side of the map area. I will post that in a few days. Then comes the illustrated icons, like Tristao da Cunha's ship (the discoverer of the island), which will probably be placed in the top left, just above the island. I will place other illustrative icons around the map, wherever space allows. Then, finally, I will begin the color, in Photoshop using a Wacom Cintiq.

Have you seen my other blog, The Trowbridge Chronicles


No comments:

Post a Comment