Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Just Another Day at the Office

Yesterday the weather was good so I decided to use my motorcycle to "get to work". My office yesterday: Starbucks in Orting, a small town in the foothills of the Washington Cascade Mountains (USA). There I got my comic panels penciled and inked and ready for the syndicate. Plus some revisions on my Turtle Farm Theme Park cartoon map in the Cayman Islands.


My work finished, I decided to ride up through the South Prairie Valley, then stop along the way to get my daily exercise. I walked along the Carbon River, with its headwaters on the slopes of Mount Rainier in Washington State.


I found this beautiful fern glade along the bank of the river...


...and this beautiful spray of sword ferns growing up against a mossy boulder nearby.


Then I exited Hwy 162 and followed South Prairie Carbon River Road, which is where I found this pastoral scene with the sun low on the western horizon. This late afternoon ride helped make it an exceptionally good workday yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. I've traveled in the Himalaya but can confidently say this is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Reading the post made me want to get a motorcycle. I've driven from Eatonville to Buckly via South Prairie many early mornings when there is a ethereal mist hanging over the river.

    ReplyDelete