Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Creating a Paradise Travel Map - Part 5



 This is the fifth in a series of posts describing my process in creating a Paradise Travel Map. The above map is of Tristan da Cunha, the most remote inhabited island in the world.

Since the last post, I have hand-scribed the text that you see in the banner on the right side of the map. Also, I found some space on the bottom right to draw a small map of Edinburgh of the Seven Seas, the lone village on the island. This may be the only published map of the village. I haven't been able to find one, other than as it appears as part of the island map.

Now I'm filling in the last open spaces on the map with art. Yesterday I drew the little penguin off-shore on the southeast side of the island. Also the longboat in the water on the left side of the island, and the mileage marker in the top center spot. Three or four more spot illustrations and I should be finished with the line work. Then on to the color.

Have you seen my other blog, The Trowbridge Chronicles


No comments:

Post a Comment